Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Seeing... My lovely Christmas tree and my room that is finally clean. I was deep-cleaning/de-junking it last week (something I try to do regularly) so it looked like a war zone for a while.  

Hearing... Quiet. Everyone is sleeping. 

Smelling... My favorite candle. 

Tasting...  I'm about to be tasting a bunch of nasty stuff like fire water, (apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and garlic) echinacea, and garlic, because...

Fighting... A head cold/sore throat.  I woke up with a sore throat yesterday morning. I immediately took some fire water because I don't have time to be sick. And by the way, try starting off your day with a dose of fire water at 6am. It has a bit of a kick. I'M AWAKE NOW. Anyways, the stuff worked. I'm not kidding, by the time we finished Bible study (45 mins) my sore throat was gone. But I can tell it's still there waiting to come back so I'm trying to stay on top of things, since I'm having other fun symptoms like headaches and swollen glands.  Aren't you glad I told you about all that?  I thought so. 

Thinking... About life. It's a lot to think about. Also thinking about the lovely visit I had with my three good friends today. We all met up for coffee and had an awesome time. One of these friends is the one who is gettin' hitched, so it was so fun to talk to her, and laugh at how head-over-heels she is. It's adorable. <3  Oh yeah, and against my better judgment, I bought a sugary, frou-frou mocha. With whipped cream.  My sore throat was loving me, I'm telling you. I knew I shouldn't, but I did. Because, ...coffee. And chocolate. Who in their right mind wouldn't?  Exactly! 

Buying... Christmas gifts!  I looooove this part of Christmas! 

Going... to Bible study tomorrow. Which is why I need to kick this cold because I will throw a Grade A tantrum if I'm sick and can't go!  

Trying... to get all the things on my mental list done. So many things I need to do! 

Believing... that God will work all things together for good, in His timing. 

Feeling... Kinda crummy. But hopefully that will change soon. ;)

Wearing... Jeans and a sweatshirt...standard garb these days. Classy, I know. :P

Practicing... My recital song still. Due to being so busy all the time, I haven't practiced it enough and am now experiencing the wonderful before-recital-practice-for-hours-crunch. Also practicing a new song on guitar.  Lauren Daigle's "How Can It Be". It's absolutely beautiful. I'd post the video in here, but I'm using a new blogger app on my phone and haven't figured out how to do that yet. But look it up on YouTube. 

Hurting... My finger hurts from playing piano so much. I'm not kidding. One more glissando, and I think it will fall off. 

Emailing... My friend a scripture prayer. 

Googling... Wedding songs for my engaged friend. 

Ordering... My bridesmaid dress!

Dreaming... This one is too broad. I'm always dreaming about all sorts of things. Right now I'm dreaming about the future. Scary. :P

Looking... For my phone charger. I lost it. It is not a good thing to lose your phone charger. 

Loving... My friends. I have the best friends. And it's so crazy to think that one of them is going to be a "Mrs." in just a few months. Watching her fall in love has been so sweet. So happy for her!  I played my favorite love songs for her today, and it gave me the giggles. She's so. in. love. :D

Working... On finishing up a writing project. 

Reading... This week's chapter for Bible Study. 

Worrying... About the recital on Saturday. Butterflies in my stomach, go away. 

Enjoying... Reading all the Christmas letters we are getting in the mail. So fun! 

Laughing... At hilarious texts from friends. :D

Learning... To rest in Him.  Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." 

Thanking... God that Sasha didn't get hurt when another dog attached her. *insert heart attack* I didn't realize I could still pick up that crazy, 50 or 60 pound girl and run with her. :P  That dog is as good at getting herself into trouble as I am.  

Apologizing... To you because I have no pictures to post. Unless you want to see pictures of coffee?  Or *more* puppies?  Or my brother playing harmonica with his nose?  Ok, that's a good one, but I don't think I dare post it....said brother would never forgive me. :P  Or I could post a picture of the HUGE SCARY HAIRY SPIDER that came THIS CLOSE to sending me to an early grave. I almost passed out. I was scrubbing out dog dishes in the garage and reached for the towel and almost grabbed the spider. Why do these things happen to me?  I screamed very loudly. The blood curdling type of scream that spiders drag out of me. And my little brother proved how amazing he is. He must have seen I was about to have an emotional breakdown (IT WAS A SPIDER. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF.) and he came over, hugged me, and said "it's ok Em". Then he killed the spider. I HAVE THE BEST BROTHER IN THE WORLD. I love you, Jonny!  I know I'm a farm girl, and I will HAPPILY  gut chickens, scoop manure, pull stuck lambs out during lambing, and shoot deer, but spiders?  Mice?  Any bug?   I will scream so loud I will have a sore throat and run as fast as I can.  I promise you I can't help it. It's my instinct and it happens without me trying. Anyways. How did I get from pictures to spiders?  I'm telling you, get me going and I will go. ;)  ANYWAYS. 

Ending... This post. Thanks for readings my ramblings. 


2 comments:

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

How do you do it? This is about my fifth reading in a row of your posts, still going back in time. This one was another, uh...another, wait I can't conrtinue to be redundant.... another uh.... oh yeah, another fun-LOVING and interestingly-WRITTEN post. There, how is that for vocabulary expansion? Not as creative with words as you are. :)

As always,
Pre-historic Granny #3 Flintstone

Emily said...

Excellent vocabulary expansion! LOL! I'm just LOLing reading all your comments - I think the comments are the best parts of the post! :)
You really are encouraging me to blog more, thank you!