Sunday, January 11, 2015

Awkward + Awesome

So I've seen these "Awkward + Awesome" posts on blogs before, and they are my FAVORITE.  So much fun to read and I've been wanting to do them on my blog, so here goes!

Awesome:

The new group of friends I've been getting to know!  I graduated with them, yes, but we've been hanging out lately and it's been a blast to get to know them more!  Finding people that have the same love for Jesus and goals in life as you is pretty awesome.

Seeing friends in love.  It's the sweetest thing!

My puppy.  That girl and I have a bond, and it's a blast.  Dogs are so smart!  Especially mine. ;)

Our family getting together with other families a few times a week to play hockey.  We spend a lot of time laughing, it's a blast!

Friends who randomly text you Bible verses, and it's just what you need at that moment.

Starting guitar lessons with my dad!!!

Coffee.  This will be in every awesome post I ever do.  I will love coffee til the day I die.  And my new favorite?  Starbuck's Salted Carmel Mocha.  #heavenonearth

Having my quiet time early in the morning when everything is still.  The best part of my day, it's amazing how much scripture is real and alive to me now.

My little stick shift Pathfinder.  I LOVE THAT VEHICLE.  It's so much fun to drive, sometimes I take the scenic/longer route home just because.  Although, buying my own gas?  Not as fun.  The first time I stood at the pump and watched those numbers multiply (I swear they were multiplying, not adding), I almost had a heart attack.  Now I just go sit in my car, resigned to my fate of broke.

My piano teacher.  She's not just my teacher, she has been a mentor and friend and so encouraging to me!  Someday I hope to be that kind of a teacher!

Exciting plans for the future that are in the works!  Not letting the cat out of the bag 'til things are for sure, but I'M STOKED!

Music.  I love my music!  This song has been on repeat a lot lately.

eShakti.  They just had a big sale/first time customer deal and I got the cutest dress for $12!  I felt like I was stealing.  :D   Gotta love awesome deals!

This verse:  "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Awkward:

So I had just met this guy, like in the last 5 minutes.  And this conversation happens:

Guy: "What's your name again?"
Me: "Emily"
Guy: "What's your last name?"
Me: "Housman"
 <he grins>
Guy: "That's my way of finding out your first and last name without being creepy!"
Me:  "Umm...ok?!"
 <about two minutes later>
Guy: "What's your last name again?"
Me: "Housman"
Guy: repeats, "Housman.....nah, I don't really like that name..."
 <dramatic pause>
  "....but I could change it!"
Me:  It took a moment to sink in.  Then I just kind of stared and was like "did you really just say what I think you did?"  Then mumbled something about that being a first.  AWKWARD.  LIKE, REALLY AWKWARD.  Funny thing is, we're friends now.  Apparently dropping pick up lines on people you've just met is a good way to make friends?!

Missing my turn about five times, and every time my gps redirects me, missing the redirect turns.  :P  My one consolation is, I was trying to get to Starbucks, so I can blame it on the fact that I was coffee deprived.

My purse. It's so awkward. I CAN NEVER FIND ANYTHING IN IT. I dig and dig and I have so much stuff in there but can never find what I need!

Losing my keys while at a friend's house and ending up dumping said purse's entire contents on the floor to try and find them. It's just awkward to dump your purse out in front of people. "This is my deodorant. This is my pepper spray. This is my dagger. Yes, I'm armed and dangerous."  And no, my keys weren't in there. 

Crashing into a guy during a game of hockey....really hard.  It's just awkward.  And my jaw is sore. :P

Checking out and using my credit card for the first time, sliding it the wrong way.

Pulling up to a gas station and forgetting which side my tank is on.  Open my door, stick my head out to check, and notice employee watching out the window.  I just grinned at her.  Yes, I have some blonde strands in my mop.

Stomach growling during church.  :P Apparently a cup of coffee before we left wasn't enough.  

Walking in heels.  I got a pair of boots and they have the most heel I've ever had, and it isn't even that much...but every once in a while I have this little lose-my-balance-dance I do.  I'm a barefoot or flip flops girl.  But...I live in Minnesota so that doesn't work well this time of year.  (I've tried).

When I "meet" someone, and they look so familiar, but I can't remember who they are.

Sitting at an intersection with my music turned way up, howling singing along, and notice that it looks like everyone else sitting there is watching me.  And no one is smiling.  Come on people!  This is fun!  Sing along or something!  :P  *tucks tail between legs and crawls away*

Having a bad day, go to piano lessons, teacher asks me how I'm doing, and I start crying.  Really....awkward. 

Telling my dad, "I have a confession to make..."...and he immediately interjects, "what did you break?" '_'  That doesn't speak well of my reputation around here.  ={

Texting a guy and hitting the wrong emoji.  A heart.  It was supposed to be a smiley face. '_'  Then explaining that to him.

Learning how to use Snapchat and accidentally sending pictures you didn't meant to to a friend.  OOPS.

Accidentally texting recordings of yourself to people.  Thanks a lot for the new update, Apple.  You may or may not have ruined my life.


So there you go.  Awesome and Awkward moments from my life lately.  More posts like this or did it bore you to tears?



6 comments:

Fia said...

okay, I think you win today's competition for most awkward moment. (if there is such a thing!) wow. that first one....

Mindy said...

You are hilarious!!

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

NOOO, it did NOT bore me. I laughed and smiled and enjoyed. You do a real and fun job of expressing yourself.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your blogs. (I am going backwards in dates of yours posts since I have been negligent to keep up to date.)

Love,Granny #3

Emily said...

Lol! Thanks Fifi! *takes a bow* I know...that first one topped all my awkwards ever. :P

Emily said...

Well thanks! :D

Emily said...

Well I'm very glad you weren't bored! Thank you for your sweet words!
I am enjoying reading all your fun and interesting comments! ;-)