Friday, January 9, 2015

pictures & ramblings

I think now would be a good time to go back and edit my first post. Anyways, take out the "going to try to post once a week" part. HAHAHA. Yeah, that hasn't happened, as is obvious.  But here I am, to fill you in on the last, umm, long while, in pictures. Just going to dive right in here. Pictures from highlights lately, with some commentary. ;) 

Christmas was awesome. A large part of it consisted of consuming A LOT of calories, and burning none. It was great! :)



Mom and I got up early Christmas morning and made doughnuts.  They were ahhhmazing. 



Jonny made me this adorable Pyrenees ornament!


Christmas breakfast.


Ben, ready to dig in!



Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go!



Brandon and Sam.


Mom and I. 




Big bro with a hat I made him.  


Dad had to photobomb.  '_'


Christmas dinner at Grandma's!  Yum.


The whole family!  L to R: Ben, Dad, Jonny, Mom, Sam, Me, and Bran.


I woke up to this the morning after Christmas!  


Winter wonderland!  





Mom and Dad.


Our family at Grandma and Grandpa Housmans.  


The boys and I gave each other a trip to Powder Ridge to go snowtubing for Christmas!  Here we are, ready to hit the hills!  


It was seriously a blast!  We tubed for three hours and I was sore by the time we were done!  We were getting some pretty good air, and I almost missed my tube coming back down once.  :P  It was much more enjoyable than past tubing adventures, because we all wore goggles.  No more ice chips flying in my eyes!  


Met up with my bff Serena for coffee at Caribou.  I haven't seen her in forever, and it was so good to catch up!  For like 6 hours.  :D




Mom and Dad's Christmas gift to me was a day trip with them to an unknown destination!  We left early, got coffee, and went to the arboretum! It was so cool!  We went snowshoeing through the woods, which was a blast. Then, we went and hung out and talked at a coffee shop. And then...THEN....we went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre!  I've never been to a dinner theatre before and it was AMAZING.  It's a super beautiful place, the food was amazing, and the play!!!! We saw "Hello, Dolly" and I was laughing through the whole thing...it was hilarious, and the performance/acting was incredible!! It was an unforgettable night.  I have best parents everrrr! 










Got to hang out with this group of awesome people. This is my TEACH grad class...well, a few of them anyways! We went skating at Centennial Lakes and had dinner together. It was super fun, and I can't wait to get together with them again this weekend! 

And I feel like I'm jumping all over in this post, but oh well. I don't have any pictures from New Year's, but it was a blast. We went to our good friend's house and played hockey for five hours!  

I'm so. excited. for the New Year.  2014 was, frankly, the most painful, stressful, and darn hardest year of my life, and I am  seriously happy it's over!  If you had told me what would happen this year, I wouldn't have believed you. But, it was a year I wouldn't change for anything, because God was so faithful and I learned more this year then I have in my whole life. I am a completely different person then I was at this time last year, and I am thankful for how God changed and grew me, even though it hurt like everything.  He. is. so. faithful.  It's strange, 'cause life is a lot more scary to me now, but I fear it less, because I have experienced God's grace and goodness in ways I wouldn't have ever dreamed.  He goes before me, He carries me through the tough times, He loves me no matter what, He never fails, ever...I can depend on Him when everything and everyone else is undependable...so much hope!  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  I don't know what lies ahead, but I can't wait!  

Deuteronomy 31:8 KJV
 And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.











4 comments:

Theresa said...

<3 <3 Fun "catch-up" post, Em. <3

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

Love, love , love this post! Very fun and interesting. (I think I am a bit redundant in my "fun and interesting" adjectives describing your fun and interesting posts!!

Love,
Granny Flintstone

Emily said...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! <3

Emily said...

Thank you! Well, if all my posts are fun and interesting, I'll be happy about that! :)