Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Day // Bible Study Recap

Last night was the first women's Bible study at a friend's house.  We are going through the book of Galatians and talked about chapter one last night.  When I was studying on my own, I didn't get past verse one.  It's just a "normal" introduction verse, but it jumped out at me.  "Paul, an apostle (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)"  I was struck by the "not of men, but by Jesus Christ" part.  Paul's identity was in Jesus Christ, period.  I remember someone asking me once, "Tell me who you are without saying your name".  It comes down to "I am a Christian, I am a daughter, I am a sister, etc."  The relationships.  But most importantly, my relationship with Jesus Christ.  The other verse that stuck out to me was verse 10: "For do I now persuade men, or God?  or do I seek to please men?  for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."  I looked up that word "persuade" and was surprised at the long definition: "to convince, to pacify, to assent, assure, believe, have confidence, be confident, make friend, obey, persuade, trust, yield."  It really comes down to, man-pleaser or God-pleaser?  Definitely something to chew on.  So, it was an encouraging time last night.  I'm excited for future studies.

Today...busy, productive day.  Those are always good, right?  This morning, I found out I was helping Dad butcher some chickens...my morning plan kind of went out the window :P but it was fun to spend time with Dad!  We also worked on a landscaping project.  Teaching piano this afternoon, and taking dogs on walks tonight because I forgot to do it earlier.  Here's a few pictures...


Morning romp with Sasha


This girl is having puppies in a few weeks!


Feeding the sheep & goat.  They holler for me every morning until I do.

Butchering chickens together. :D  (I know, I look half asleep.  The coffee hadn't kicked in yet.)
Studying Romans
Moonlight walks with the dogs tonight while listening to It is Well.  

1 comment:

Theresa said...

What a lovely day! :) Great insights on Galatians too. I know I always need the gentle reminder of serving Jesus and not man!