Thursday, October 16, 2014

Colorado!

Hi everyone!  I'm back after a fun weekend in Colorado!  Some friends of ours that I babysit for asked me to go with them to Denver and babysit their three kids (including a brand new baby!) while they had conferences.  Nanny for the weekend!  It was a super fun, although exhausting at times, weekend. We flew out Friday morning, and I started the day off right...


White chocolate large mocha.  Yes, please!

Going through security went just fine...since we were with kids I didn't have to go through the zapper....or whatever that thing is called that x-rays you. :P  And....another perk to having little kids, we got first place in all the lines!  :D  Although even though we didn't have to stand in line, it only took about five minutes before my backpack felt really heavy.  (Could have to do with how much stuff {books} I jammed in it).

Our flight only got delayed 40 minutes, and we were on our way...

My favorite part about flying is taking off, and then the clouds!  It's so pretty.



The flight went awesome, and I only got a teensy bit nauseous coming down.

We went out for dinner at a Thai restaurant that night and I got this yummy peanut sauce curry.  I was eating it for two days and never even finished it. The servings were HUGE!



Saturday was an energy-filled day.  That is, the two and four-year-old little boys had energy, and I had not enough coffee.  By about 2pm, after chasing balls down hallways, I cracked out this little coffee pot in our room...


I filled it up with water, put the pesticide-filled coffee-bean-bag inside, and plugged 'er in.  A few minutes later there were sizzling noises as the water started coming out of the top of the coffee pot.  I only got about 2 cups of coffee out of it (I didn't even think to find out where the rest of it went...I know, I needed coffee).  But I dumped it into a cup, poured in some nutritious looking non-dairy creamer and non-sugar sweetener.  I pretty much gagged the first drink.  The coffee was so weak it looked like watered down tea, and pretty much tasted like warm, fake, milk.  Down the drain.  I then had the presence of mind to open the coffee pot and discovered that all the rest of the water was sitting in the top - the bag had plugged it up.  But the good news was, it was really strong!  I poured out a cup of it straight black and downthehatch.  It was the most disgusting, bitter coffee I have ever tasted but I was desperate.  Anyways.  End of coffee saga.  :D  

The kids were super good, although naturally, two and four-year-old little boys have a lot of energy. ;)  But we had a blast together!  We played three games of memory, and the four-year-old whooped me.  Seriously.  Every time I thought I had it, I didn't.  And when I thought he was picking up the wrong card, he had it.  It was kind of funny, but just a little bit disturbing.  ;P  So we played memory, read books, played soccer in the hallways, ran around outside, and had a great time. :)

I also got a lot of great studying time in while they were napping.  It was awesome!!!  I'm learning sooooo much about being a follower and it is so exciting.  I'm finishing up When God Writes Your Life Story, and just started this book.  "Uncompromising: a heart claimed by radical love" by Hannah Farver.  I'm really enjoying it so far!  It was so great to have lots of quiet time to read, pray, and write.  



Sunday morning was an awesome church service.  The message was kind of about the history of America and the Founding Father's, and it was super interesting.  I also got to listen to some speakers during the conference on Sunday afternoon and really enjoyed that!  And we had pizza.  I took a picture to make my brothers jealous.  ;-)



We got to the airport around 5pm on Sunday.  It took a bit longer this time.  The airport folk weren't quite as nice, and the very stern looking lady told me I had get zapped since I wasn't a parent.  So, I got zapped and I'll eat my blueberries this week.  :P  

Got to hold the baby for an hour or two in the airport...she is soooo sweet and cuddly!  I loved it, even though my arm was numb for a good hour after.  :P

On the shuttle heading to the airport

When we finally got through security, I did a little souvenir shopping for the fam,..


Found these mugs for the boys


and then....then..... {drum roll}


I splurged and got a large white chocolate blended mocha, with whip.  It was heavenly, and I'm not telling how long it was til it was gone.


The flight went great.  I was a little worried they would make a fuss about my extra bag of souvenirs, but they didn't!  Yay!  I haven't flown at night before and it was amazing!  All the lights were so beautiful.

Mom and Dad picked me up around 1am and we talked the whole way home.  Then I slept til 10am the next morning. :)  

Sorry that was such a long (probably very boring) post.  I'm not very good at telling the short version of anything, no matter how hard I try!   :-/



4 comments:

Fia said...

Hey Em!
So glad to hear you got back safety- what fun....missed ya! ;)

Emily said...

Thanks girly! Missed ya too!

Theresa said...

Your comment about the coffee cracked me up!!! I'm a very weak coffee drinker. My friend Beckie says I like coffee in my cream. Haha! The coffee your mom made the other day for me was STRONG! :)

Have a great week!

Emily said...

Lol! I do like lotsa cream in my coffee too, but I like it strong! :P Thanks for the comment! ;-)