Saturday, November 8, 2014

Ramblings

Busy week!  It was a good and productive week, I just got done things I wasn't planning on doing, and didn't get the things done I was planning on doing.  (Did I write that right?)  Monday and Tuesday were just boring days of getting things checked off lists and things like that.  On Wednesday morning we played hockey at an indoor rink for two hours.  And I'm still alive to regret it.  We do this EVERY YEAR.  Our first hockey game of the season, we just jump into it and play for a long time, and then the next day we are dying...literally....almost.  So yes, we played two hours of intense hockey, and I'm serious, I could barely walk the next day.  I hobbled and groaned and used the handles on the car to get in and out.  I seriously couldn't put my own socks on, and my un-sympathetic family wouldn't do it for me.  (I figured it out eventually, and complained a lot.)  It's possible I'm being a little dramatic, but really, sore is an understatement.  Anyways.

Thursday night was the annual Blaze Orange Festival in a little ol' country church near us.  The Jorgenson family was playing and then we visited with friends afterwards.  Fun stuff!

Jonny and I, on our way to the Blaze Orange Festival.  


Then Friday.  Oh, Friday!  Mom and I had a girl's day.  All. Day.  It was a blaaaaaaast!  I am not really the girly-girl type.  As an only girl, I've always done things with the boys.  And I love it!  More than once, I've (accidentally) referred to my brothers and I as "us boys".   I would MUCH rather be hunting, razzing on 4-wheelers, or playing hockey then drinking tea.  However, every once and a while I love a good girl-fix.  Especially with my mom!  Our girl's day out was actually my (June) birthday gift, we just hadn't got to it until now.  We were out of here at 6:30am, ready to shop til we dropped.  And we did!  We went to a ton of adorable antique/boutique shops, a couple thrift stores, the coffee shop a couple times, and Target.  And speaking of thrift stores and Target, those would be my two favorite places to shop EVER.  It was bliss. :D  And it was one of those days were everything is the right price and you find all sorts of amazing deals.  Add that to being with your two BFF's (Mom and coffee) and it's going to be about the best day ever.  We had so much fun and laughed ourselves silly a lot of the time.  And panicked when the keys got locked in the car.  Thankfully, the very back just happened to NOT lock, so I climbed in the back (and over all the seats, while moaning because I'm still so sore and it just. shouldn't. be. that. hard) and unlocked it.  And then when we had shopped to our heart's content (12 hours later), we came home, sacked out, and watched "Mom's Night Out".  Oh my gosh... it was hilarious!  We loved it.  :D  So it was a good day!  Best birthday ever. :D

Mom & I having breakfast!

I love this :D

Mom sporting an adorable hat....see, it matches her coat!  A sign that she should get it.  I sent this picture to Dad and he said "I'll buy her".  ;-D

Lunch at Cherry Berry

Having dinner and all of a sudden mom starts singing along with this 80's song on the radio.  I almost died. :D


My crazy, wonderful mother.  Isn't she adorable?!
This is about the awesome-est sign I've ever seen.  :D


And then today!  It's the most wonderful time of the year....deer season!  We got up at 5am and the family had breakfast.  I wasn't hungry and felt more like sleeping than eating, so I had a cat nap on the couch while they had breakfast, and then we all scrambled to get out on stand before 6:35am. We got permission to hunt on a neighbor's land, so Dad and the boys went over there and Mom and I were in a couple different stands on our property.  I think I only fell asleep with my eyes open three times.  And I did see a deer - just got a glimpse of a big (BUCK!?!?!?) through the thicket and then he was gone.  But I sat there and chattered and knee-knocked for 15 minutes anyways.  I was hoping he'd come around again but alas, no sign of him.  By 8:30am I was frozen, almost literally.  So I decided to call it a morning early and made the long walk up.  I took a hot shower to thaw out and then painted my nails with some sparkly nail polish I picked up yesterday.  :D  The stuff smells so strong though, I just hope it doesn't scare away the deer.  :P  Will be going back out on stand this afternoon and hopefully we'll have some luck!  Dad, Mom, and I are all bucks-only, which I'm secretely happy about....I just hope a buck shows up.  =}

Sunrise from the deer stand this morning.




4 comments:

Theresa said...

Sparkly nail polish seems kind of girly... ;) Maybe they have camo jamberry nails you could get. :) I LOVE reading your posts, Em. You have such a sweet and honest way of sharing. I hope your mom bought the hat because she looks adorable in it.

Emily said...

Haha! Well, I do love my nail polish... ;) Oh yeah, cammo would be awesome! :D YES! She bought the hat. :D Couldn't pass that up! Aww, thank you for your sweet comment! :)

Lydia Jo said...

Aww...that looks like so much fun! Love those pix of you and your mom. :) God bless!

Emily said...

Thanks Lydia! :)