Monday, November 3, 2014

Life Lately//11-3-14

I'm hoping to get on a more regular posting schedule, it just hasn't happened yet.  For now, I'm going to steal a great post idea I've seen on other blogs.  :-)

Seeing... a pretty empty coffee shop.  I had piano lessons this morning, ran some errands, and now I'm catching up on email, doing some website work, writing a blog post, and working on my latest, not-sure-if-it'll-be-greatest business plan.  :)

Hearing... it's pretty quiet in here (ahhh!)

Smelling... COFFEEEEEEE!

Tasting...  I deprived myself, was a good girl, and didn't get a zillion-calorie coffee drink.  Instead, I'm choking down sipping a cup of hot water.  Oh, with a tea bag in it.

Thinking... about my new business idea.  About how complicated it is to start your own business.  About everything I need to do this week.  About HOW GOOD GOD is!!!  I'm so grateful for His goodness to me!

Buying... some chocolate to send to my bestie friend.  She's off in college and it's stressful, so chocolate always helps.  :)

Going... to the bank after I'm done here.  Then I'm going home to get stuff done.

Remembering... to turn the lights off on my vehicle.  :P  I didn't remember last time.... and little brother is there to remind me.  =P



Trying... to get this new business off the ground!  It's a process, and I'm not really known for being patient, so I'm trying to keep plugging away, do it well, and not rush it.

Believing... that God will work all things together for good, in His timing.

Learning.... to wait on Him.  I've been going back to this verse all the time lately: "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Feeling... full of energy and motivated to get lots done this week!

Wearing... my new favorite thrift store find - knee length denim skirt, boots, and a plaid button-up.  I usually hate wearing button-ups, but this one is working today.  :D  

Practicing... my Christmas recital song "Carol of the Bells" on piano, and "Come Thou Fount" on guitar.  Also, trying to practice holding my tongue and not being critical...not sure how I'm doing. :-/

Emailing... back a new "friend" I've made through selling kittens.  Let's just say, they aren't too happy about me selling kittens...and I'm getting to practice being nice to nasty people. =}  Also, puppy customers!  We've been getting lots of emails from people who are interested in getting a puppy from our new litter which is awesome!

Googling... MN business laws... ICK!

Dreaming... about my new business, about the future (and if it goes anything like how my life likes to go, it won't be anything like I think :P), and about DEER SEASON THIS SATURDAY!!!!  Speaking of that...

Looking... FORWARD TO DEER SEASON THIS SATURDAY!!!!  I. can't. wait.  !!!!  I think I'm starting to catch buck fever as my dreams the last few nights have been full of big deer with big racks.  :D

Loving... my mom.  Don't know what I'd do without her.  She knows when to, umm, give me a kick in the rear and preach it to me prophet-style, when to give me a hug and let me cry, or, more recently, give me 1,000 business ideas when I'm lacking motivation and unsure of what to do.  She's da best, folks. :D

Working... on my new business plan (sorry if this is getting old) and trying to get more organized.

Reading... my Bible and business laws.  That's about it right now.

Deciding... I better hit publish and get on with my day!

Hoping... ya'll have a great week!

Oh...and here's a few random pictures.  Sorry for all the sunset/sunrise pictures.  There have been SO many INCREDIBLE sunsets/sunrises lately and I, of course, have to get pictures of them all!








The story behind this picture - I took this out of the deer stand while we were having some nice family time, chillin' out in the stand hunting coyotes.  (And no, we didn't get any coyotes...we called for them ("here, coyoteeeee!" ok, actually it was a dying rabbit call...) and saw some in a distance but I really think they were just sitting out of range laughing at us.  It was fun anyhow!


A pumpkin spice late my mom made...it was DELISH.  

One of my kittens....going home this week!


PUPPIES!



3 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures! Harvest sunsets are so beautiful. How sweet of your brother to remind you to turn your lights off. :) Have a lovely day!

Fia said...

Emily,
you have me simply bursting with curiosity...WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS?? :)
(we'll have to chat. :) can't wait to hear all about it....great post; thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

@Mrs. Stimpert - thanks for the comment! Yes, it was sweet of him...though I have a feeling he's trying to rub it in! ;-) LOL!
@Fifi- hahaha! I'm sorry. :P Unfortunately this week didn't quite go as planned and I didn't get a whole lot of time to work on it! But then, I also got offered a job so I'm wondering if at this point it would be less stressful to do that then start a new business. Idk...we'll see! :) Thanks for the sweet comment! <3