Monday, October 27, 2014

Day with the Grandparents

Last Friday, Grandma and Grandpa Housman took Ben, Jonny, and I on a (surprise!) day trip to the places where they grew up, and other family history spots!  It was a blast.  Not only are Grandma and Grandpa way too much fun (our cheeks were sore from laughing by the time we got back...) but it was so neat to see the different spots that have so much family history!  We visited both grandparents' country schools, different places they lived, toured the town where they used to live,  visited the Historic Chippewa City and more!  It was an awesome day!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun time. :D Here's a few pictures!

This is the country school my Grandma went to.  A two mile walk from her house!




Eating our sack lunches on the steps, just like Grandma used to. :)
The cemetery where my great-grandparents and other relatives are buried.
This was one of my favorite stops!  The church where my grandparents got married! :D <3
The library...all the old buildings and houses were SO cool!


Ben is making trouble ;-P

The historic city...the buildings were so cute!


My great-grandma donated this building!
My great-grandma was confirmed at this church.

I want to live in this cabin. :)

This is about the best picture ever, don't you think!?  :D
An amazing old house that Grandpa lived in for part of his childhood

No comments: