Saturday, October 4, 2014

 Hello on this chilly, beautiful fall day!  I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee trying to wake up (yes, it's almost two o'clock in the afternoon).  Some folks at church started a young adults night/Bible Study, and last night was the first one.  I didn't get home until 1:30am, didn't get to bed til 3am, got up at 7am, and...needless to say, I'm running on coffee today.  :P  What an amazingly encouraging (and fun!) time we had last night, though!  We watched the movie, "Not a Fan".  W-O-W.  Talk about convicting, encouraging, inspiring, all at the same time.  It was about the difference between a "fan" of Jesus and a "follower" of Jesus.  A lot of people believe in Jesus, but they don't actually take up their cross and follow Him.  As Kyle Idleman summed it up: "{Jesus} is looking for more than words of belief; He's looking to see how those words are lived out in your life.  When we decide to believe in Jesus without making a commitment to follow him, we become nothing more than fans."  I've been super convicted about this, but at the same time, super pumped to learn more.  It's an endless frontier, and I've just taken a baby step. 

 
{Cup of coffee #2, here we go.}
 
So yes, it was a super encouraging evening (and morning :P) of fellowshipping with likeminded friends and I came back refreshed and energized, despite the lack of sleep.  ;-) 
 
Today....I've just been working around the house and doing animal stuff outside, as well as some baking!  Tomorrow we are having a birthday celebration for my three brothers (who all have birthdays in October) as well as my older brother's girlfriend.
 
Well, I think I've had enough coffee.  Off to do some cleaning!  :P
 
And since a post isn't a post without pictures, here's a few random pictures from my life lately.


Freshly Baked French Bread


Bagels

Snapped this with my phone while taking a cruise down the road in the ranger this morning.  I love this pond.
 
 

This lovely lady is my Great Pyrenees puppy, Sasha. 
 
 
Have a great day!  :D

2 comments:

Brenda Martin Rydberg said...

Your writing style is fun to read. Love the pictures, too. (beautiful french bread!)

Love you, #3

Emily said...

Thank you! <3